The SMEF is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing free access to LGBTQIA+ materials. Our work is sustained solely by generous contributions and support from our community.
There are many ways you can support the SMEF and SMA:
- Right now, our most important campaign is focused on purchasing the Pink Lady (the home of the SMA) for our non-profit.
- Membership: becoming a member of the SMEF provides us with a recurring monthly donation in the amount of your choosing.
- Donations: Making a general one-time donation to the SMA helps us to continue our work in the community as well as fund special projects, building repairs, and programs/events.
- Volunteer: As a small grassroots non-profit, the SMEF does not compensate anyone involved in our mission. We rely solely on volunteer contributions to keep our operating costs low and our productivity high. Consider volunteering in the archives, at an event, or during our special campaigns.
Other Ways to Show Your Support
- Check with your workplace to see if they have a matching grant program and sign up for that.
- See if your organization gives grants and let us know how to apply.
- Ask your friends and relatives to contribute!
- Make us the recipient of your wedding or birthday party donations if you don’t want to receive presents at this time in your life.
- Host a fundraiser on behalf of the SMA. Some ideas include:
- Rent Parties: Throw a party to raise money to pay for one month of rent ($400) to help house the SMA.
- Film Nights: Gather friends at your house to watch a LGBTQI movie. Let us know if you’d like to borrow one from the SMA!
- Commit to “passing the hat” at an event or meeting and donate the proceeds to SMEF, Inc. for the SMA.